Vehicle Registration

Register Your Vehicle.

Register your vehicle online.
(Log in using your LetNet credentials)

Register your vehicle online.
(Log in using your LetNet credentials)


Vehicle Registration FAQ:


Who has to register their vehicle on campus?

  • All members of the LeTourneau University community (faculty, staff, students and contract employees) are required to register their vehicles with University Police.

When and where can I register my vehicle?

  • Vehicles may be registered 24 hours a day, seven days a week, using our online registration form or by contacting one of our police officers or guards in person.

How much does vehicle registration cost?

  • Registration is FREE if you register in a timely fashion. Employees have ten days from the date of purchase of a new vehicle and students have until the tenth day of classes in the upcoming semester or 10 days from purchase of a vehicle if they acquire a vehicle during the semester.

Can I bring any additional vehicles to campus?

  • LeTourneau University reserves the right to limit the number of vehicles that may be brought to campus by resident students. RVs, camper trailers, jet skis, boats, utility trailers, etc. may not be parked on campus for a period of more than a few days.
  • Bringing recreational vehicles to campus is strongly discouraged. Camper trailers and motor-homes must be parked at local RV campgrounds which may be found not far from the LETU campus. Parking accommodations for other recreational vehicles are not available on campus and are the sole responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
  • There is no facility for off-road vehicle operation on campus. All motor vehicles operated on campus roadways must comply with state standards for "street legal" vehicles; i.e. headlights, brake lights, turn signals, horn, etc.
  • Persons bringing recreational vehicles, motor homes, etc. for short periods of time may do so by contacting the University Police Department in order to obtain a temporary parking pass and determine parking requirements and limitations.

What paperwork is required to register my vehicle?

  • You must have a current and valid driver's license and proof of liability insurance to obtain a vehicle parking registration sticker. A registration application may be filled out at UPD or online.

Where do I put my vehicle registration decal?

  • For automobiles and pickup trucks, your LETU vehicle registration decal should be displayed on the lower left-hand corner of the rear windshield of your vehicle.
  • On a motorcycle, your registration decal can be displayed on the right front fork of the bike, or may be placed on the front windshield if your bike has one.
  • On a bicycle, the decal should be displayed on the frame tube below the seat post.
  • All vehicle parking registration stickers must be affixed as described above and must be maintained in good, readable condition by the vehicle owner.

What happens if I need a new parking decal?

  • Replacement stickers are available at no cost from the University Police Department.

How do I know if I need a new parking decal?

  • If your parking decal is not of the current type and style, you need a new decal
  • If your parking decal is faded so that the color-coded rectangle or the serial number on it are unreadable, you need a new decal
  • If your parking decal is cracked, torn, pitted or damaged so that it is unreadable or just plain not pretty, you need a new decal. UPD will be pleased to replace your decal without charge.

What happens if I don't display my parking decal?

  • Any vehicle parked or operated on campus that does not display a LeTourneau University vehicle registration/parking sticker is subject to being stopped by University Police at any time.
  • If cited for failure to register, the fine is $40.00.

My spouse has a vehicle that is used on campus from time to time. Do I need to register this vehicle also?

  • Yes. Spouses have benefits including the use of the library, Solheim Activity Center, dining facilities, etc. and as such are apt to be on campus frequently. Also, at some point you may need to use your spouse's vehicle for a period of time. Remember, it's free, so it is better to be safe than sorry.

I have a question that is not addressed in this FAQ. How can I get answers?

  • You can always email the Chief of Police at universitypolice@letu.edu or call the UPD offices at (903) 233-4440, (903) 233-4441 or (903) 233-4442.
  • You can visit with any of our friendly guards and officers who will be glad to answer your questions.