Crime Reporting

In an emergency, call 911:

If you observe a crime in progress you are encouraged to report it immediately by calling UPD at 903-233-4444 (4444 from any campus land-line telephone). If the situation is a felony or involves any kind of injury to a person you may choose to call 911. This number is answered at the City of Longview Emergency Communications department and will result in the immediate dispatch of Longview Police as well as University Police and other emergency responders, as necessary.

UPD encourages anyone who is the victim or witness to any crime to promptly report the incident to police. Because police reports are public records, under State law, the University Police Department cannot hold reports of crime in confidence. Identifiers of persons who report crimes, victims and witnesses may, however, be redacted from released information for the privacy of those persons.

Please advise University Police immediately if you have been involved in or witnessed an offense or incident that has:

  • Occurred on campus
  • Occurred at a University owned or operated facility
  • Affected property of the University