LETU Students to Serve Others During Spring Break Missions March 11-15
Tue, Mar 5 2013
Over 100 LeTourneau University students will serve in outreach ministries all across the country during the March 11-15 week of Spring Break.
“Part of our Christian faith is putting feet to our faith,” said LETU Chaplain Dr. Harold Carl. “Our students will be sharing the gospel, doing construction, working on airplanes and computers for mission organizations, helping the elderly – all ways they demonstrate their faith in Christ through their actions.”
LeTourneau Student Ministries is a student-run organization that promotes service opportunities for students in spring break missions and in community and campus ministry.
This year LETU students will participate in spring break mission trips that include:
- Tri-Grace Ministries, Utah—students will engage in evangelical outreach as they share the light of Christ and reach across cultural borders in Utah.
- Beach Reach on South Padre Island, Texas—students will provide a Christian witness to fellow college students with Beach Reach, as they serve free pancake breakfasts, provide safe rides for those who party all night, and share the Gospel with other students their age during spring break on South Padre Island.
- MMS Aviation, Ohio—LETU aviation students will be directly involved in assisting with maintenance, modification, and repair of missionary aircraft.
- JAARS, North Carolina —LETU aviation students will use their aviation skills to serve JAARS, a mission’s aviation center, by helping with the repair and maintenance of missionary aircraft.
- The Master's Mission, North Carolina—students will spend the week doing general construction and learn how this missionary training facility works.
- Colonia Outreach (Construction), Texas —students will serve with Buckner Ministries on construction and painting projects for residents in extreme poverty on the Texas border. Buckner has helped rural settlers move from spontaneously set up structures made from cardboard or canvas, to code approved, safe dwellings.
- Colonia Outreach (Children's Ministry), Texas —students will partner with Buckner International to conduct a ministry outreach to children in the “colonias” by sharing the Gospel through story times, crafts and games.
- LightSys Technology Services, Colorado Spring—students will use their computer and technology skills to work with this ministry by providing technical information technology support.
- Dillingham Christian Youth Center, Alaska—students will work with local pastors in work projects during the daytime and spend their evenings in discipleship with teens at the Christian Youth Center. disciple junior high and high school students
LeTourneau University is an interdenominational Christ-centered university located in Longview, Texas, with undergraduate and graduate programs online and at education centers around the state. Academic majors include aviation, business, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering, health care administration, health science-nursing, human services, kinesiology, the liberal arts, the sciences and psychology. Claiming every workplace in every nation as their mission field, LeTourneau University graduates are professionals of ingenuity and Christ-like character who see life’s work as a holy calling with eternal impact.