As an evangelical Christian university, LeTourneau's foundation is based squarely on biblical principles and practice. Nearly 3,200 students from across the nation and around the world study at the home campus in Longview, online and at six other educational centers throughout Texas.
LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY HIGHLIGHTS
- A strong values-based education centered on a Christian worldview
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Consistent listing year after year by U.S. News and World Report in the top tier of "America's Best Colleges"
- Over 85 academic options in aeronautical science, engineering, education, business, and the arts and sciences
- Recently expanded degree options, including health sciences - nursing, air traffic control and civil engineering
- An aeronautical science program awarded the 2009 Loening Trophy, the rarest of all collegiate aviation honors recognizing the best all-around college aviation program in the U.S.
- A world-renowned engineering program, as evidenced by high demand for LETU graduates
- A progressive School of Business, accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Educators
- A teacher education program that prepares more teachers every year than any other private higher education institution in the state of Texas
- Accelerated programs for working adults, including online bachelor's and master's programs, through the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Spring and summer mission trips, where hundreds of LETU students each year minister around the world
- Local community service opportunities allowing LETU students to volunteer over 58,000 hours annually
- Intercollegiate athletics as part of the American Southwest Conference, NCAA Division III
Men's: baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, and tennis
Women's: basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball
More than 40 different student organizations from which to choose and a strong intramural activity program to involve students at every level of ability
Exceptional facilities, including the Corner Café, the S.E. Belcher, Jr. Chapel and Performance Center, and the Paul and Betty Abbott Aviation Center at the East Texas Regional Airport
State-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms with full multi-media capabilities and wireless computer networks
Claiming every workplace in every nation as our mission field, LeTourneau University graduates are professionals of ingenuity and Christ-like character who see life’s work as a holy calling with eternal impact.