L.I.F.E. attempts to provide a network of support and create an environment that is culturally welcoming, spiritually uplifting and conducive to our international students having academic and personal success while at LeTourneau.
Who: Those who love the Lord and have a heart for serving our international community
What: Loving our international students through the (L.I.F.E.) LeTourneau International Family Enrichment Program
Where: On campus, in your home, in the church that you attend, and in the community
How: Through intentional interaction and involvement in the life of an international student. We would ask that at a minimum you and/or your family would commit to:
1. Personally interact at least twice per month with your student. This interaction could be lived out in many ways including:
- Take student home with you for a family dinner
- Pick student up and let them attend church with you
- Allow student to accompany your family to a movie or other type of family outing
- Visit student on campus in his/her living environment
- Accompany student to LeTourneau sporting or other event
2. Periodically contact student to provide emotional and spiritual support (these contacts could be by phone, e-mail, text or Facebook).
3. Attend school-sponsored monthly or bi-monthly (L.I.F.E. night) gatherings with other host families and international student.
- Great opportunity for students with like experiences to interact
- Great place for host families to share and grow through dialogue and exchange
- A time to socialize and share in a light snack
4. Interpersonally share culture and life experiences.
- A time for students to share what they have learned from their host families and for the families to share what they have learned from the students
- An open mic type event where families and students could share whatever they are led to share about what this experience has meant so far
5. Develop lasting and meaningful relationships that will allow students to feel a sense of support and compassion from somewhere close by.
To discover how you can make an impact through L.I.F.E., contact:
, Director, Ext. 4451
, International Student Advisor, Ext. 3171