Can I Travel Outside the United States while I am a Student at LeTourneau?

Maybe. While you are in F-1 status, you may be permitted to leave the U.S. and re-enter in F-1 status if you present the following:

  • A SEVIS Form I-20, endorsed for travel and signed by your DSO
  • You have been out of the United States for less than five months
  • A current passport valid for at least six months after the date of your reentry or, if you are from one of the countries listed at this website, a passport that is current through the date of entry
  • A valid, current visa or you traveled to contiguous country or adjacent island for less than thirty days
  • Financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses

Bringing your most recent I-94, Departure Card, will facilitate your reentry, if reentering through a land POE. If you are flying, the airline will collect your I-94 prior to departure and you will complete a new one upon reentry.

For more information regarding travel outside of the United States, please visit ICE, the United States Immigration website.

What Do I Need to Do?

BEFORE leaving the United States for ANY purpose, please contact the Office of International Studies AND the Designated School Official.


Rebecca Haesecke
International Student Advisor

Contact Us:

First Name:

Last Name:




Share by Email
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Twitter