Can I be Employed While I am a Student at LeTourneau?

For international students with F-1 visas, employment is limited to on-campus jobs; off-campus jobs require a work permit granted by the U.S. Federal Government.

Getting Hired:

All employees at LeTourneau University must have a valid Social Security Card issued by the U.S. Government. International Students with an F-1 visas may follow the procedures below to obtain this document.

Documents needed to get a Social Security Card:

  1. A completed SS-5 Form, which is the application for a Social Security Card
  2. Two forms of identification that establish the student’s age and identity. Normally the student’s passport and Student I.D. Card are used for this purpose.
  3. Form I-94
  4. Form I-20
  5. Proof of Employment authorization letter.

The full process is described in detail in the International Student Handbook.

Who Can Help Me?

Rebecca Haesecke, International Student Advisor, can help you with on-campus employment.

What Do I Need to Do?

Contact Rebecca Haesecke to discuss available on-campus employment opportunities. Her office is located in the Student Affairs building, Office 102.


Rebecca Haesecke
International Student Advisor

Contact Us:

First Name:

Last Name:




Share by Email
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Twitter