Travel to the United States:
- Remember to carry with you appropriate documents for entry into the U.S.:
- Passport and Visa
- Signed I-20
- Fee payment receipt
- For more information on what to expect at your port of entry, please click here.
Travel to Longview:
Students should plan on flying to East Texas Regional Airport, Longview, Texas. Flights to East Texas Regional Airport are available from Dallas, Texas. LETU arranges for student pickup at East Texas Regional Airport the Sunday or Monday before the first day of International Student Orientation.
By Train from Dallas, TX:
Longview is also served by Amtrak's Longview Depot and Amtrak's Texas Eagle, which departs from Dallas, Texas.
What to Bring for Travel:
- Contact information for family and friends
- Personal identification – All visa and immigration information
- Parents' emergency contact information
- A healthy body – Get physical and dental exams before you leave.
- Clothing basics – Don’t forget clothes for warm Texas weather, a good pair of comfortable shoes for walking across campus and a swim suit (we have an indoor pool on campus and local lakes).
- Basic toiletries – Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo, etc. (can also be purchased on Monday).
- Extra glasses/contacts and medications
- Copies of your prescriptions and all your medical records
What to Bring to Move In to LETU
What Happens When I Arrive?
- An LETU representative will pick you up at East Texas Regional Airport or the Amtrak train station at the agreed time.
- You will check in to your campus room and meet other International Students.
- You have an opportunity to rest and adjust on Sunday and Monday.
- On Monday, LETU will arrange a trip to our local Wal-Mart so that you may pick up toiletries and other supplies.
- Orientation begins on Monday, August 17 in the evening. Meals for International students will be provided for beginning on Sunday evening.