Immunizations (All Students)
In order to protect the health of all LeTourneau University students, the University requires proof of the bacterial meningitis vaccine (or affidavit declining the vaccination) and a tuberculin (TB) test prior to enrollment for all students taking at least one class on-ground. Students who take all of their classes online are exempt from these requirements.
- Meningitis Vaccine - A bacterial meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years, and administered at least 10 days prior to the beginning of your first semester.
- Students who are 22 years or older are exempt from this requirement
- Information regarding Texas law revisions of the Bacterial Meningitis Policy may be found at http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=A641CD0D-E56A-A36A-1BCB39FF80781178
- Conscientious Objection Form - Student who desire an exemption from vaccine requirements must use the official Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) form. The DSHS form may be ordered electronically. It is then mailed from DSHS to the student and it may take up to two to three weeks to receive the form from the State. This form may not be copied in any manner. LETU must receive the original document within 90 days of being notarized. Copies (uploaded, faxed or emailed) are not acceptable. Please mail or hand deliver the completed original to the Student Health Services Office.
- Tuberculin Testing - A TB skin test is needed within a year prior to enrollment.
- This is a test, not a vaccine, and is therefore the Conscientious Objection form does NOT apply.
- International students have different TB requirements. See below for details.
- Completed Immunization Forms may be scanned and uploaded on your my.letu.edu account.
- Immunization forms and official State exemption forms may also be sent by mail to: LeTourneau University Health Services, P.O. Box 7001, Longview, TX 75607
In addition to the meningitis vaccine and the TB test, international students are required to show proof of two MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccinations.
- Meningitis Vaccine - A bacterial meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years, and administered at least 10 days prior to the beginning of your first semester
- For additional information, see description above
- Tuberculin T-Spot Test - A T-Spot Test is needed within a year prior to enrollment
- The International Student Immunization Form must also include a copy of your lab report and vaccine records
- TB skin tests and chest x-rays will not be accepted for international students
- T-Spot is not a vaccine, and therefore, the Conscientious Objection form does NOT apply
- Students with prior BCG immunization still require the T-Spot test
- If you are unable to get the T-Spot test prior to arriving, the test will be administered on campus with the fee being applied to your student account.
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses are required.
- Completed documentation can be scanned and uploaded on your my.letu.edu account.
Health Science Programs
Students enrolled in a health science program, as defined by the State of Texas, are required by state law [25 TAC. Pt 1. Ch 97B. §97.64] to be compliant with certain immunization requirements prior to the beginning of their clinical rotations. The School of Nursing will assure that health science students comply with state laws regarding required immunizations.
Other Recommended Vaccinations
Even though we only require the meningitis vaccine and TB test for most of our students, the Office of Student Health Services strongly recommends that every student, and their family members, review our list of immunizations most appropriate for the university student. This list of recommended vaccinations was adapted from research by the American College Health Association (ACHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
|Other Recommended Vaccinations
||1 or 2 Doses
|1 Dose every 10 years
||1 Dose annually