There are many groups and organizations that desire to make their own verbal announcements in Chapel, and we desire to facilitate this announcement medium for as many groups as possible. The following guidelines are designed to provide clarity and consistency within the Chapel announcement procedures.
- Please know that certain circumstances may occur that will prevent us from offering announcement time during a particular week. During those weeks, all announcements will be offered by Power Point only, or in an abbreviated format by one person.
- Please consult the chapel announcement schedule to know which days there will be chapel announcements.
- Because circumstances can change, please check with the Chapel Office two days before announcements are scheduled to take place.
- Chapel announcements need to pertain to events, activities, or opportunities for the entire student body. Individual club or organization event announcements will need to be made in another forum.
- Appropriate examples include: Auto Society Car Show, a Stage Right production, a YAC event, all menÕs Bible study, or a group wanting to organize a new club or organization and needing members.
- Inappropriate examples include: Flooders Bible Study, service project for KZX members, or a Marketing Club meeting location change.
- It is important to be above reproach and avoid even the "appearance of evil" when providing campus announcements. Humor is great, but we need to refrain from distasteful jokes, sexual innuendo, dishonoring speech, or inappropriate costumes/apparel in our announcements. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the organizations privilege to provide Chapel announcements.
- Due to the volume of announcements--and the universal guidelines of effective announcement-making--we may need to limit announcement times to 60 seconds or less. Please be concise. Chose carefully the things you need to communicate.
- To help us plan well and keep this time organized, all requests for Chapel announcements must come by email (BenMcClish@letu.edu) two days before the announcement is to take place.
- All audio/visual announcements or presentations have the same deadline, in order to be approved for display
- Once approved, you should provide the announcement to the Belcher Center technical staff by 4 pm on the day before the announcement is to be given, to insure they have time to plan and prepare the necessary equipment.
- Power Point Announcements:
- All Power Point Announcements must be attached and submitted to BenMcClish@letu.edu by 4 pm the day before you would like them to appear in the Chapel Power Point.
- Announcements should already be in the form of 1 (one) Power Point slide and include only very basic information (Who, What, When, Where, and Why). We want to serve you well! Please help us by communicating early and clearly so we can get your organization's information out to the LeTourneau community.