TITLE:||Technical Services Coordinator|
|DATE POSTED: ||Wednesday, December 13, 2017|
|REPORTS TO: ||Director of User Support and Engagement|
Office hours are primarily weekdays from 8am to 5pm. In rare cases responsibilities require additional hours and flexibility that can include evenings and weekends.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of one so classified.
- Oversees Help Desk operations
- Responsible for leading the student Technical Services (LETU Frontline) team, including hiring, training, and performance evaluations
- Responsible for growing the leadership of the LETU Frontline team and fostering senior technicians
- Resolves escalated user issues
- Identifies recurring user problems and looks for solutions
- Responsible for maintaining the LETU office, lab, kiosk, conference, and classroom technology infrastructure. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to limiting risk common from these type of computers to LETU, maintaining current software including their operating systems and standard software, e.g., Microsoft Office. These roles can be summarized in maintaining a well-managed desktop environment
- Responsible for LETU strategic technology goals as they relate to USE
- Responsible as liaison between Network and Business Systems Management teams, including, but not limited to new software or hardware brought into LETU as well as new infrastructure presented including insuring any KB or FAQ and training is provided to these teams
- Responsible as liaison with CDT, including, but not limited providing technology for LETU faculty and degree program technology needs
- Responsible for maintaining the phone, walk-up and email help systems and services as well as any knowledge base self-service infrastructure
- Responsible for the work order tracking and negotiating, writing, and reporting on internal and external Service Level Agreements for USE
- Responsible to keep the Director of USE up to date on important LETU changes and decisions
- Responsible to keep policy and procedures up to date as they relate to USE
- Responsible for managing (either personally or through delegation) all projects and project timeline for systems, programs and services provided by the Help Desk/Technical Services
- Responsible for communicating to specific departments around LETU concerning systems and services provided by USE; this includes but is not limited to proactive and regular communication with faculty, staff and students
- Responsible for ensuring mitigation of risk to LETU as relates to the systems and services provided by USE, including but not limited to a well-managed desktop environment
- Works with Technology Lifecycle Coordinator to manage the replacement cycle for computers of all full-time employees to ensure timely, accurate computer upgrades
- Responsible to keep the Help Desk budgets balanced and related systems and services providing the best value for money spent
- Provides thorough documentation concerning processes and procedures provided by USE
- Provides guidance and direction concerning the LetNet policies including but not limited to those policies as they relate to Faculty, Staff and Students and their interaction with technology provided by USE
- Responsible for monitoring Help Desk response times, evaluating user satisfaction levels, and making recommendations for improvement
LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and maturing Christian faith who is committed to the development of a dynamic, growing Christian university where integration of faith and academic excellence is paramount. Desired qualifications of this person should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or minimum of three years field experience. A+ core hardware certification is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Excellent grammar and typing skills are a must.
- LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature of the person filling the position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all characteristics of one so classified.
- Exhibit Problem Solving Skills
- Working Knowledge of Personal Computer Hardware and Software
- Working Knowledge of various Microsoft Enterprise solutions, for example, SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), Windows Client, and Windows Server. This would also include Active Directory and other Microsoft Domain services
- Working Knowledge of frameworks such as Agile, SCRUM, and DevOps along with their corresponding tools and behaviors
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Great written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills, industry certification a plus
- A high emotional quotient
- Quality Management skills
- Command of respect
- Great time management skills
- Confidential and trust is a must
- Ability to juggle and manage details as related to the job needs
- A complete follow-up system (something like GTD)
As a full-time staff member of User Support & Engagement (USE), this position reflects the department’s Director, the IT department, the CIO, and most importantly Christ in the service IT offers to LETU. This person must reflect His character and the vision and goals of IT and LETU.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: Immediately
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled. In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send completed application, and a current resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, Texas 75607-7001
FAX (903) 233-4103
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
LeTourneau University is the premier Christian polytechnic university in
the nation where educators engage students to nurture Christian virtue,
develop competency and ingenuity in their professional fields, integrate
faith and work, and serve the local and global community.
LETU is a Christ-centered, interdenominational institute of higher learning
offering more than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and
sciences, aviation, business & technology, communication, computer science,
criminal justice, education, engineering, nursing, psychology & counseling
and theology & vocation. LETU's 2,700 students represent nearly all 50 states,
more than 30 foreign countries, and around 50 different denominational groups.
In addition to residential programs at the main campus in Longview, Texas,
students are enrolled in a robust suite of online programs, as well as
innovative hybrid programs in the Dallas and Houston areas.
LETU is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of
"America's Best Colleges," and the engineering program is ranked nationally.
LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges
and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia
30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org) to award
associate, baccalaureate and master's degrees. LeTourneau University's
engineering and engineering technology programs are accredited by the
Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology Accreditation
Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111
Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: 410-347-7700.
The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University as a Master's
(Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub
city with an MSA of over 190,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested
hills and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas,
Texas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.