TITLE:||Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Innovative Education|
Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
|DATE POSTED: ||Tuesday, May 12, 2015|
|REPORTS TO: ||Dean of Innovative Education|
Office hours are primarily weekdays from 8am to 5pm.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of one so classified.
- Be the primary assistant to the needs of the Dean in the day to day operations of technology at LETU.
- Manage the CITL public calendars as well as that of the Dean in the interactions of those he works with across campus and externally.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the purchase order system within the CITL, this also includes the credit cards that are used by the various departments within the CITL.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the CITL budget. This includes, but is not limited to reporting and tracking of different areas of the CITL budget.
- Responsible for managing the communication that the Dean receives.
- Responsible for managing the walk-ups and vendors that come in to the CITL.
- Responsible for managing the mail including shipping and receiving that comes in and out of the CITL.
- Responsible for assisting with the CITL employee management, including student workers.
- Assists in liaison and communication backup for the Dean.
- Responsible for all CITL events including but not limited to faculty workshops, special campus events and internal CITL meetings.
- Responsible for providing secretarial and administrative assistance to the director of the Library. Duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining library administration files, tracking budget expenditures, maintaining library calendar and schedules, preparing local, state and national reports, ordering books and resources, issuing check requests and purchase orders, initiating employee payroll documents, inventory and distribution of office supplies, sorting and distributing mail, and other tasks as assigned.
LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and maturing Christian faith who is committed to the development of a dynamic, growing Christian university where integration of faith and academic excellence is paramount. Desired qualifications of this person should include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or minimum of four years field experience.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Excellent grammar and typing skills are a must.
LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature of the person filling the position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all characteristics of one so classified.
- Great written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high emotional quotient
- Quality Management skills
- Command of respect
- Great time management skills
- Confidential and trust is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite
As an assistant role to the Dean, this position reflects both the Dean, the CITL and most importantly Christ in the service the CITL offers to LETU. This person must reflect His character and the vision and goals of the CITL and LETU.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: Immediately
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University are considered for employment without regard to race, age, sex, handicapping condition or national origin.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 S. Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send completed application and a current résumé to:
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, TX 75607
FAX (903) 233-4101
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Inspired by faith and a spirit of ingenuity, LeTourneau University
integrates learning, living and Christian leadership in a community of
integrity, academic quality and technological innovation.
LeTourneau University is a regionally accredited interdenominational
Christ-centered university offering undergraduate degrees in aviation,
business, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education,
engineering, health care management, health science-nursing, human
services, kinesiology, the liberal arts, psychology, the sciences and
theology. Graduate degree offerings include business administration, health
care administration, counseling, education, engineering, marriage & family
therapy, psychology and strategic leadership.
Nearly 2,730 students attend LeTourneau University. Around 1,350 of these
students are enrolled in programs at LETU's residential campus, while more
than 1,380 make up the university's global campus, attending classes online
and at educational centers in Dallas and Houston.
LETU students typically represent all 50 states, nearly 30 countries, and
more than 50 denominational groups. The SAT average of entering residential
freshmen is often 140-160 points above the national average and indicate a
strong academic quality, although provision is made for students with lower
scores who possess evidence of potential achievement.
LeTourneau has been consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report
as one of "America's Best Colleges." LeTourneau University is accredited by
the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866
Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at
http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate,
baccalaureate and master's degrees. The business program is accredited by IACBE.
LeTourneau University's engineering and engineering technology programs are
accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology
Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and
Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 -
telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University
as a Master's (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub
city with an MSA of 150,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills
and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas
and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.