Home schooling is an investment of time, treasure, and resources that pays amazing dividends. At LeTourneau University, we understand home schoolers because we aim to build upon what parents have already begun. Hands-on education, low faculty-to-student ratio, and an environment that encourages spiritual growth and meaningful relationships makes LETU a great fit for home schooled students. Almost 1-in-4 of our student body were homeschooled.
- LeTourneau’s education is grounded in Christian principles, which are integrated into every major and every course.
- Faculty members begin each class session with a prayer and/or devotional time.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in service projects and go on national and international mission trips.
- Weekly floor devotionals are held to promote floor unity and encourage accountability.
- Faculty, staff and many nationally and internationally recognized Christian men and women present messages in chapel. Students also have the opportunity to present or lead worship during chapel.
- Students tell us they feel like they “belong” at LeTourneau and love the strong sense of community on the campus.
- Students can participate in student government, intercollegiate team sports, student leadership and more than 50 recognized student organizations.
- Faculty and staff often invite students into their homes for fellowship, mentoring and home-cooked meals.
- Students can participate in any of the 13 men’s and women’s varsity athletic programs.
- Intramural participation among LETU students is a big deal, with over 85 percent participation in 20 sports.
- 91 percent of all full-time students receive some form of financial aid.
Over the past three years, LETU graduates have a 90 percent job placement rate.
offers a variety of on-campus positions students which can apply for through the quick and easy online application process.
- Those eligible for the Federal Work Study program can apply for jobs at specific partnered locations within the community.
Safety and Community Advantages
- University Police patrols the campus, provides security and access to facilities after hours, enforces traffic regulations and is available 24/7 for emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Each dorm has either proxy cards, swipe cards or a key code at each entry to ensure 24-hour safety of living facilities.
- The Corner Café serves up delicious, nutritious meals provided by LETU's sustainability-focused food service provider, Bon Appétit.
- The campus is located on 162 acres and is separated from the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Students with flight classes located at the Paul and Betty Abbott Aviation Center have the option to be transported by university buses.
- No smoking or drinking is permitted on or off campus.