To be considered for the Homeschool Endowed Scholarship for Fall 2017, essays must be submitted by February 1st, 2017.
Through the generosity of an anonymous Friend of LeTourneau University, the LETU Homeschool Endowed Scholarship has been established to benefit new students enrolling at LeTourneau University. Established in Fall 2010, this scholarship is awarded each academic year using the following criteria. Check out a video highlight about LeTourneau University's Homeschool Endowed Scholarship and discover the details, below:
To be eligible, a student must:
- Enter as a new freshmen student to LeTourneau University and enroll in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Be a US citizen and submit a FAFSA. You can find the FAFSA application at Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be homeschooled for three of the four years of high school, with one of those three years being the senior year.
- Graduate from homeschooling in Spring 2017. This will be verified by an official transcript issued by the homeschool of attendance.
- Be accepted to LETU by February 1, 2017. To get started on the application process, go to www.letu.edu/apply.
- Complete a one page, single-spaced essay on their own personal homeschool experience by February 1st, 2017. Send essay by email to Mike VanBrocklin, Director of Admissions at MikeVanBrocklin@letu.edu. The essay should address both advantages and any disadvantages of the homeschool experience and how the experience has helped them develop academically, socially, and spiritually.
Decisions will be made by February 15th, 2017. High school grades, test score(s) and the student’s financial need will be considered.
Renewal of Scholarship
- Continuing eligibility requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Each semester, recipients will participate in a recruitment effort for prospective home school students.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) will be considered for scholarship renewal.
- The LETU Homeschool Endowed Scholarship may be awarded for a maximum of eight semesters to eligible students.
Financial Aid Office
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, TX 75607
1-800-759-8811 Ext. 4350
Financial Aid Office Hours
8am – 5pm CST
Federal School Code 003584