The Heritage Scholarship Weekend will begin with participants checking in at 4:00 PM on Thursday, February 7, and will conclude at noon on Saturday, February 9.
Students must arrive on or before Thursday, February 7, and stay until Saturday, February 9, at noon. Accommodations for arriving early and/or leaving late can be made, but students cannot arrive on Friday or should not plan to leave before noon on Saturday.
A complete schedule of events for the weekend will be provided when checking in. Some highlights participants can look forward to during their time here are provided below.
- 4:00 PM Check-in and meet student room hosts
- Tour the campus
- Dinner for scholars and their families
- Learn about the different majors offered by LETU
- Competition orientation
- Breakfast at the Corner Cafe
- Attend a class with current students
- Worship with LETU students in chapel
- Participate in a group interview competition
- Dinner on the town
- Essay competition
- 12:00 PM Wrap-up
Parents can also expect the following from their time on campus:
- Learn about the heritage and legacy of R.G. and "Mom" LeTourneau and the university they founded
- Meet faculty, staff, students, current LETU parents, and many prospective students' parents
- Learn about the LETU Honors Program
- Financial Aid 101 (and help with your specific questions)
- Residence hall tours