LeTourneau University is located in Longview, Texas. Longview is located only 60 miles/97 km from Shreveport, Louisiana and 120 miles/193 km from Dallas.
Travel to Longview
Students should plan on flying to East Texas Regional Airport, Longview, Texas. Flights to East Texas Regional Airport are available from Dallas, Texas. LETU arranges for student pickup prior to International Student Orientation - email RebeccaHaesecke@letu.edu for details.
By Train from Dallas, TX:
Longview is also served by Amtrak's Longview Depot and Amtrak's Texas Eagle, which depart from Dallas, Texas.
Travel to the United States:
- Remember to carry with you appropriate documents for entry into the U.S.:
- Passport and Visa
- Signed I-20
- Fee payment receipt
- For more information on what to expect when you arrive, visit the US Immigration & Customs Enforcement website.
What to Bring for Travel:
- Contact information for family and friends
- Personal identification – All visa and immigration information
- Parents' emergency contact information
- A healthy body – Get physical and dental exams before you leave.
- Clothing basics – Don’t forget clothes for warm Texas weather, a good pair of comfortable shoes for walking across campus and a swim suit (we have an indoor pool on campus and local lakes).
- Basic toiletries – Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo, etc. (can also be purchased during International Orientation).
- Extra glasses/contacts and medications
- Copies of your prescriptions and all your medical records
What to Bring to Move In to LETU (PDF) - Remember, most of these items can be purchased locally after your arrival at LETU.
What Happens When I Arrive?
- An LETU representative will pick you up at East Texas Regional Airport or the Amtrak train station at the agreed time. LETU arranges for student pickup prior to International Student Orientation - email RebeccaHaesecke@letu.edu for details.
- You will check in to your campus room and meet other International Students.
- Orientation begins at dinner. See International Student Orientation for upcoming International Student Orientation dates.
- After dinner, LETU will arrange a quick trip to our local Wal-Mart so that you may pick up toiletries and bedding/linens.
International Student Advisor
Fall, winter and spring are mild in Longview, Texas.
- Summer: Hot and humid, 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Winter: Mildly cold, 30-50 degrees Farenheit
Current weather Longview, Texas
Longview Cultural Opportunities