FAQ: Practice Exams
- What is a practice exam?
A practice exam is a useful tool for discovering if you are adequately prepared to take a state exam. The practice exam is representative of the actual state exam. When scheduling your practice exam, be sure to take into consideration when you would like to take the state exam and the corresponding registration deadlines so that you can be sure to allow ample time for the practice exam as well as time for the Certification office to process your test approval.
- Should I study before attempting a practice exam?
Practice exams should be taken seriously. Failure to adequately prepare will probably result in a low score.
- Are study guides available?
TExES preparation materials are available at www.texes.ets.org at no cost.
- Are practice tests available for all certification areas?
Practice exams are available for all PPR exams and content area exams.
- The following practice exams are available:
- 160 PPR EC-12
- 240 Chemistry (Grades 7-12)
- 291 Core Subjects (Grades EC-6)
- 211 Core Subjects (Grades 4-8)
- 117 English Language Arts and Reading (Grades 4-8)
- 231 English Language Arts and Reading (Grades 7-12)
- 154 English as a Second Language Supplemental (ESL)
- 233 History (Grades 7-12)
- 238 Life Sciences (Grades 7-12)
- 115 Mathematics (Grades 4-8)
- 235 Mathematics (Grades 7-12)
- 158 Physical Education (Grades EC-12)
- 237 Physical Sciences (Grades 6-12)
- 068 Principal (Grades EC-12)
- 152 School Counselor
- 116 Science (Grades 4-8)
- 236 Science (Grades 7-12)
- 118 Social Studies (Grades 4-8)
- 232 Social Studies (Grades 7-12)
- 163 Special Education Supplemental (Grades NA)
- How do I register for a practice exam?
Visit the LETU Practice Exam form. Be sure to choose the correct link and to follow all directions since failure to register correctly may cause you to miss the practice exam opportunity.
- Are there any fees charged for practice exams?
There is no charge for practice exams.
Director of Educator Certification
Phone: (903) 233-3884