To serve God and humanity by preparing students, through example, to become servant-leaders of Christ-like character and ingenuity who impact the world through the engineering profession.
- We value working together as a Christ-centered community of living faith. Everything we do is integrated into and flows out of our service to God in Jesus Christ as we work cooperatively to achieve common goals.
- We value integrity, honesty, and trust that reflect the person of Jesus Christ in all we do.
- We value the professional and spiritual growth of every individual; faculty, staff, and students. We desire to see all individuals growing into maturity, exhibited by a satisfying, rewarding, joyful, and effective life of servant-leadership.
- We value providing an outstanding world-class educational experience for our students that represents an exceptional educational value and return on investment.
- We value the creativity and ingenuity of faculty, staff, and students who are innovative and prudent risk takers.
How do we integrate Christian faith and engineering practice?
We see the intersection occurring naturally at five places:
- When we discuss physical laws and materials which are the basis for engineering, we realize that the source of all that we have is the Lord Himself.
- As we see the design that exists in nature and even copy some of the design in our own structures, we need to marvel at the design that God has built into everything.
- As we move into engineering as a vocation (a "calling"), we recognize that God gives us specific skills and interests to utilize for serving Him and helping others.
- When we deal with ethical issues that arise in the profession, we have a foundational standard for making ethical decisions, out of which flows the duties, the rights, the virtues, and the Codes of professional practice.
- As we think about design, we need to deal with the question of "What should we design?" What kinds of designs really glorify God and benefit people, and what kinds of designs exploit, trap, or potentially harm innocent people?
Request More Information
Learn more about earning your degree at LeTourneau. Fill out this short form and we'll be in touch to answer all of your questions. We look forward to speaking with you!
I am interested in: