Publications and Honors
Mr. Joe Gaiser
Adjunct Professor, Design Technology
Books / Chapters
- Worked with Dr. Elton Archer on "The History of First Baptist Church" plot drawing on CAD
Conference Presentations / Papers
- "Integration of Solids Modeling into Freshman Graphics at LeTourneau University," with Dr. B.H. Thrasher, UPCAEDM '91
Honors and Awards
- Iota Lambda Sigma
- 25-year pin, LeTourneau University
Professional and Scholarly Affiliations
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member of Engineering Design Graphics Division of ASEE
- Texas Technical Society - Life
- American Vocational Education
- East Texas Industrial Arts Association - past President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Iota Lambda Sigma
- Texas Association of Schools of Engineering Technology
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- Who's Who in Computer Aided Design
Work Related Experience
- 1984-85 Ability, Inc., Longview, TX - Helped set up plant for Lloyd Molby and did what was needed. Also worked as Buyer, Draftsman, and Shop Manager, and Office Manager
- 1983-84 Nitro Marine, Inc., Longview, TX - Set up plant and installed equipment. Also worked as Buyer, Final Assembly Foreman, and Inspector.
- 1974-83 ATP, Inc., Longview, TX - Helped form company with two others and was involved in most of operation and management plus manufacturing. Served on the Board of Directors as Secretary/Treasurer and worked directly with the President of the company.
- 1971-74 Capacity, Inc., Longview, TX - Worked as part-time draftsman, then went into the production line work putting together engine and transmission units. In 1972, began working full-time and started a Service Parts Department with Material Flow Department, Receiving and Shipping.
- 1961-64 Tyler Pipe and Foundry, Tyler, TX - Worked part-time as a draftsman doing detailing and layout work, blueprint running and filing, surveying and map work, and other types of general drafting plus some model building and machine design work in the Design Engineering and Plant Engineering departments.