Publications and Honors
Dr. Bill Graff
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Refereed Proceedings Articles
- "What Fuzzies Might Learn from Techies," by R. William Graff, Paul R. Leiffer, Martin Batts, and Maria J. Leiffer, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Session #1488, Paper #AC2010-911, June 2010.
- "Diversity Receiver for Digital Radio Mondiale: A Multi-Year Design Project," by Paul R. Leiffer, Joonwan Kim, R. William Graff, and Don Willcox, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Session #2518, Paper #AC2010-867, June 2010.
- "The Changing of the Guard: Should the Engineering Ethics Code Be Changed to Environmental Ethics?" by Paul R. Leiffer, R. William Graff, B. Kyun Lee, and Martin Batts, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Paper #1550, Austin, Texas, June 2009.
- "Understanding Cognitive Style and Learning Style and their Application to Teaching and Learning in Engineering," by B. Kyun Lee, Paul R. Leiffer, R. William Graff, and Vicki L. Sheafer, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Austin, Texas, June 2009.
- "A Hydraulic Circuits Laboratory to Improve Student Understanding of Basic Electricity," by R. William Graff, Paul R. Leiffer, Jessica Niemi, and Megan Vaughan, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, 2007.
Conference Presentations / Papers
- "Psychological Considerations in Teaching Engineering: An Ethical Mandate to Produce Responsible Engineers," by B. Kyun Lee, Paul R. Leiffer, and R. William Graff, 2008 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings.
Honors and Awards
- DELOS Division of ASEE 2007 Best Paper Award, June 2007
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2000
- Nominee for Piper Professor, Fall 1980 and Fall 1988
- Selby Award for Teaching Excellence, Spring 1980, Spring 2008
Professional and Scholarly Affiliations
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Lifetime member
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Tau Beta Pi
- Society of the Sigma XI (associate member)