In today’s communication-fueled marketplace, individuals who can manage ideas in a variety of media formats accurately and consistently are in exceptionally high demand. The same ideas need to be written and communicated in ways that are appropriate for print, visual and animated media.
We believe that the call of Christ to go unto all the world includes the digital world.
- Get the best of many disciplines. Develop a solid foundation of communication and writing coupled with business skills you'll learn from courses like Principles of Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising. Finally, two Visual Media courses will give you an overview of the Adobe Design Suite, the industry standard.
- Choose between a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Communication, with an integrated media management concentration.
- Customize your study by taking elective courses in conjunction with other university programs including aviation, engineering, science, business and more. By doing so, you'll learn to speak the language of your industry of interest and prepare to craft meaningful messages for a company whose mission intersects with your passion.
- Earn real industry experience that will prepare you for your future career while fulfilling your internship requirement.
Outcomes - What can I do with this major?
- Work in public relations, advertising, marketing, promotions, sales, entertainment or film/television production, or work as a media specialist.
- Take advantage of one of our many study abroad opportunities while completing your degree, including a semester at the University of Oxford or the Washington Journalism Center.