IT Knowledge Base
Faculty: How to Clear a Student’s Test in Blackboard [MOVED]
|Author: John Smith Reference Number: AA-00588 Views: 714 Created: 11-05-2012 10:18 am Last Updated: 05-15-2013 03:58 pm||0 Voters|
This procedure for a test should only be done if an attempt to complete the quiz or assignment was frozen or aborted through no fault of the student.
1. First, verify the student’s claim with regard to the test or quiz. Open the course in Blackboard. In the Instructor’s Control Panel, click on “Grade Center.”
2. Click on “Full Grade Center.”
3. In the applicable student’s row, hover the mouse over the test or quiz until the chevron becomes visible. (In the illustration, the applicable student is assumed to be in the first row.) Click on the chevron, which will appear at location indicated in the illustration below.
4. A box of choices will appear. Click on “View Grade Details.”
5. The details concerning this student’s test attempt will appear on screen. Important: Verify the student’s name, and then click on “View Attempt.” You can now view the student’s answers to the quiz and make a determination about the attempt.
6. Click on “Exit” when you are finished viewing the test attempt.
7. You will be returned to the details screen. Be aware that when you clear the attempt, the action cannot be reversed, and will clear any history of the first attempt, and any grade associated with it. If the test attempt needs to be cleared, click on “Clear Attempt.”
8. Once the attempt is verified to be cleared, click on “Return to Grade Center.”