IT Knowledge Base
Faculty: How to Create a Test from a Test Pool in Blackboard[MOVED]
|Author: John Smith Reference Number: AA-00579 Views: 752 Created: 10-23-2012 04:19 pm Last Updated: 05-15-2013 04:01 pm||0 Voters|
HOW TO USE BLACKBOARD TO CREATE TESTS FROM AN ESTABLISHED TEST POOL
The Course Content area of Blackboard will have the Quiz or Test available for adding content.
1. You should disable the popup blocker in the web browser before you begin. For instructions on disabling the popup blocker, use this link. http://www.letu.edu/it/faq/article/AA-00123/11/MyLETU-web-site/How-can-I-disable-my-pop-up-blocker.html
2. In your Blackboard course shell, go to the “Course Content” shown on the left side of the screen. (The content area might be divided into Week One, Week Two, etc. on the left side of the screen.)
3. Find the week for the test or quiz, and then find the title of the test or quiz. Click on the chevron to the right of the test or quiz name.
4. Select “Edit the Test.”
5. Hover your mouse over the “Reuse Question” button and click “Find Questions.”
6. The entire test bank for the course material should now be displayed. Select “Pools.”
7. Select the chapters that will be relevant to the current test. The selection box is to the left of each chapter in the test pool.
8. After you have selected the chapters for the test, select “Show All” at the bottom-right of the screen The screen will repopulate to show only the questions from the selected chapters, plus any previous quizzes that you may have already created from the test pool. The previous quizzes, if any, will easily be identifiable and can be ignored.
9. Next, select the check boxes of the specific questions to be asked from the test pool.
10. If you want to see an entire question with its answer key, select the double box to view it.
11. Close the viewing box when you have finished reading it.
12. When you are finished selecting questions, click “Submit” at the lower right of the screen.
13. You may further edit the test by returning to the edit feature. For example, you may delete questions, add more questions by returning to the test pool (repeating the previous steps), and change the scoring points per question.
14. To deploy the exam, go to the course content area and click on the chevron next to the exam or quiz title. Select "Edit the Test Options."
15. You may edit the test "Name" and "Description." You will have several test options, including making the test link available, timing the test, number of attempts, and the display range. These options and others are shown in the illustrations below. Click on "Submit" (in either the upper right or lower right of screen) when you have finished.