IT Knowledge Base
How can I configure my Android device to access LETU email? [MOVED]
|Author: Ken Johnson Reference Number: AA-00457 Views: 5200 Created: 02-17-2011 05:59 pm Last Updated: 05-14-2013 11:42 am||0 Voters|
How can I configure my Android device to access LETU email?
Android devices differ in the specific email setup screens from device to device and carrier to carrier but in general the following information is all that is needed to setup email on your Android device. please contact our helpdesk at (903) 233-3500 or email@example.com if you need help setting up your device after reviewing the information below.
- From the Applications Menu, Touch Email.
- Type in your email address and password. If there is field for domain, key in letnet. There may be a box to select this as your default account. Check this if your LETU email is the primary email you will use on your phone. Touch Next.
- Touch Exchange Account.
- Enter mail.letu.edu for your Exchange/Email Server and then Touch Next.
- If prompted, check the box to "Use Secure Connection (SSL)"
- Your phone will check the incoming server settings. If everything is correct the Account Options screen will appear allowing you to customize your account settings.
- Finally, you will be asked to name this account and enter the name that will be displayed on outgoing messages. Touch Done when complete.
The information above is based on information retrieved from Motorola's Android support website. Some Android phones may vary from the specific steps above.
For example, and HTC Incredible needs these instructions:
- Open Mail
- Menu -> New Account
- Select Exchange ActiveSync
- Press Manual Setup
- Enter user and domain information as in screenshot
- Press Next, then Finish Setup