IT Knowledge Base
How Do I Configure Outlook To Use Outlook Anywhere?
|Author: Evan Thompson Reference Number: AA-00453 Views: 7335 Created: 02-04-2011 12:40 pm Last Updated: 03-01-2012 10:46 pm||0 Voters|
To configure your Microsoft Outlook client to use Outlook Anywhere, simply follow these steps:
- If you already have Outlook up and running with another account, close Outlook.
- Go into Control Panel and find "Mail".
- The Mail Setup - Outlook should appear, click on Show Profiles
- Find the profile you are using, it will say always use this profile and list it at the top, in this example, this computer is using the profile "Outlook". If there isn't a profile, click on Add, give it a name and click OK.
- Once the profile is ready, click on Properties.
- Click on E-mail Accounts.
- Once in Account Settings, click on New...
- Leave everything as default on this screen, click on Next.
- Type in your First and Last name for "Your Name", your LETU e-mail address and your LetNet password and click on Next.
- You may be prompted for a password, if you are, be sure and put letnet\yourletnetname in the user name where yourletnetname is your LetNet user name.
Once this has completed, you should be able to start Outlook and it will configure everything needed.
If the above steps do not work, these are manual instructions to modify an account to use Outlook Anywhere. Use these instructions only for LETU accounts that are already set up.
For outlook 2007: On the Tools menu, click Account Settings, select the Exchange account, and then click Change.
For outlook 2010: Select the File tab on the ribbon at the top. Then Select Account Settings.
For both Outlook 2007/2010:
- Ensure the box labeled Use Cached Exchange mode is checked. Outlook Anywhere will work very poorly without this critical step.
- Click More Settings, and then click the Connection tab.
- Under Outlook Anywhere, select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box.
Note If the Outlook Anywhere section is not available, your computer is probably not running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or a later service pack. You need Windows XP SP2 or later in order to use this feature.
- To specify a proxy server, click Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Under Proxy authentication settings, click NTLM Authentication.
You now should be able to sync your Outlook client using Outlook Anywhere!