IT Knowledge Base
Details on TS1.LETU.EDU [MOVED]
|Author: Ethan Cooper Reference Number: AA-00399 Views: 2680 Created: 07-23-2010 04:07 pm Last Updated: 05-14-2013 10:32 am||0 Voters|
Things to Know about TS1.LETU.EDU
- TS1.LETU.EDU (TS1) is provided for faculty and staff of LeTourneau University
- You will need to make sure your username is formatted properly. The proper format is: "LETNET\username" If the login prompt displays an incorrect username, click "Use another account," and type "LETNET\username" and then your password in the appropriate blanks.
If you are running Windows XP, make sure that you have all updates applied. If you haven't upgraded to at least Windows XP SP3, you will have to upgrade your local Remote Desktop client to the latest version: (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084)
- TS1 is running Windows 2008 R2. Visually, the experience is similar to Windows 7.
- TS1 is running Microsoft Office 2010, which has many visual differences from previous versions.
- Desktop shortcuts, favorites, preferences and other content on the old TS1 server won’t be transferred over to the new server. This content isn’t backed up, so it is best to keep these items to a minimum.
- You may notice that image previews do not work in Explorer on TS1. This is a known issue that may be fixed in a future iteration of the server.
- Your printers on TS1 should be the exact printers that you have configured on your desktop.
- Disconnected sessions will timeout after 18 hours. Idle sessions will disconnect after 2 hours
- The Conversation view available in MS Outlook 2010 may not be compatible with earlier versions of Outlook. If you use Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 on your desktop, you may need to disable the Conversation view in Outlook 2010 on TS1.LETU.EDU. Do this by unchecking "Show as Conversations" on the View ribbon.