IT Knowledge Base
How can I set up a copier to scan images? [MOVED]
|Author: Evan Thompson Reference Number: AA-00328 Views: 2157 Created: 05-10-2010 12:00 pm Last Updated: 05-14-2013 09:39 am||0 Voters|
How can I set up a copier to scan images?
(This article applies to university faculty and staff in areas with Canon photocopiers).
- Go to the Start button and select Run.
- Type \\letnet.net\fs\install\canon\NetworkScanGear
into the run box and press OK.
- Double click on the CanonNetworkScanGear executable. This will start the installation process of Network ScanGear.
- Press Next, then Yes, then Next three times then press Finish after installation completes.
- Now go to the Start button then Programs then Network ScanGear then ScanGear Tool.
- Click Discover and ScanGear should locate the copier in your area.
- Once discovered click on the copier that you want to use and then hit the Select button.
- Once selected press Test and it should reply with "The selected scanner is available for scanning."
- Click OK and Exit.
You are now set up to use the copier as a scanner.