IT Knowledge Base
Methods for LETU-Wide Communication[MOVED]
|Author: Ken Johnson Reference Number: AA-00163 Views: 2606 Created: 10-19-2009 12:00 am Last Updated: 05-13-2013 03:52 pm||0 Voters|
Methods for LETU-Wide Communication
The LETU preference is that no mass emails be sent. While exceptions may occasionally be required, sending out communication to each set of our LETU family members can be done as follows:
- For traditional students: The weekly Communicator (distributed on Mondays). Send requests to email@example.com.
- For non-traditional students: Contact Ext. 4010 for information on communicating in large groups to non-traditional students.
- For LETU employees: The weekly LeTourNews (distributed on Thursdays). Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Non-LETU email addresses: LETU uses Constant Contact as the default method for sending email to approved lists of non-LETU email addresses. Please contact email@example.com for more information about costs and details for using Constant Contact for your non-LETU communication needs. Any message from LETU sent to a non-LETU email address must comply with the federal CAN-SPAM act including instructions for opting out and physical address disclosure (see guidelines for business here). Please consult Information Technology if you need more information on appropriate ways to comply with this federal requirement.
- Exceptions: Exceptions to the communication methods above must be approved by The Dean of Students for student communication, or relevant members of the cabinet for other forms of communication.
- Technology Guidelines Requirements: As detailed in the Email Communication section of the LeTourneau Technology Guidelines, the use of "mass mailings" by most users to address large quantities of LETU users via direct e-mail is not permitted without required approvals above. If you believe your job requires you to send a single email to large numbers of recipients please first consult with your supervisor or with Information Technology to confirm if there is already a system in place to meet that need.
- System Recipient Limits: There is a system limit on any single internal email of 100 recipients. External emails are limited to no more than 500 total recipients per hour per sender. Even emails which have recipients below these limits must conform to the guidelines above. If you need to email more people than this you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance in the most appropriate way to reach your audience.
- The LETU Website features a "Campus Announcements" section on the homepage with relevant news for students, faculty and staff. These items can be directly posted by approved department representatives. Contact the marketing team at Ext. 3296 for details on how to apply for approval to publish to this area.
- To submit calendar events to the university online calendar, visit: http://www.letu.edu/eventsubmit
- Send your PowerPoint slides to ChapelAnnouncements@letu.edu