Graduation Info: Spring 2014
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 1st
- 2:45pm - Commencement Rehearsal: (Residential campus students required; global campus students able to attend are encouraged to do so.) Meet in Education Building 117/120 to review instructions for commencement and do a run-through of the processional to the Belcher Center. Residential students need to contact TaraWoodall@letu.edu if you have a valid reason to miss rehearsal.
Friday, May 2nd
- 9:30am - Senior Breakfast (Allen Family Student Center): An invitation will be sent closer to graduation day. Please send R.S.V.P to Wanda Sammons.
- 2:30pm - Ivy Cutting (Belcher Center Mall-side Plaza): Hosted by Student Life. Attendance requested of all residential campus graduates.
- 3:00pm - Graduate Reception (Allen Student Center Patio): No tickets required; guests welcome. Please RSVP to TaraWoodall@letu.edu by April 15th.
- 4:00pm, Seating begins at 3:30pm - Celebration Ceremony (Belcher Center Auditorium): All graduates and guests are invited to attend. Dress is business 'dressy' to semi-formal. Graduates receiving awards/honors will be notified ahead of time and are asked to come to the Belcher Center by 3:45pm.
Saturday, May 3rd
- Cap & Gown Pick Up: All graduates must pick up their cap and gown and registration cards in Longview Hall at the time designated below for your academic school. Honors medals and Alpha Sigma Lambda cords will also be distributed at this time to anyone not able to attend the Celebration Ceremony. Immediately proceed to Education Building 117/120 for line-up and final instructions. (Bachelor robes are for graduates to keep and do not need to be returned. Master robes need to be returned to the Education Building.)
- 8:30am - 9:50am: Aeronautical Science / Arts & Sciences / Education majors
- 12:00pm - 1:20pm: Business / Engineering & Engineering Technology majors
- Student Line-up and Final Instructions: Students need to be in their chairs in Education 117/120 and ready for the line-up and final instructions by the time indicated for your school:
- 10:00am at the latest - Aeronautical Science / Arts & Sciences / Education majors
- 1:30pm at the latest - Business / Engineering & Engineering Technology majors
- Commencement (Belcher Center): All guests must be seated 10 minutes before start of the ceremony to clear the aisles for the faculty and graduate processional. Please turn in a handicapped seating form to WandaSammons@letu.edu.
- 10:30am Commencement - Aeronautical Science / Arts & Sciences / Education majors: Seating of guests begins at 9:30am and all guests must be seated by 10:20am
- 2:00pm Commencement - Business / Engineering & Engineering Technology majors: Seating of guests begins at 1:00pm and all guests must be seated by 1:50pm
- Common Photo Time: Graduates are encouraged to use the time between ceremonies (~12:00-1:15) to take photos on campus with friends, especially those not graduating in the same ceremony.
- Pick up of Statues (Senior Gift) and Diplomas in Education 117/120 up to 45 minutes after end of ceremony.