These tips provide a check list you can use to quickly proofread your résumé .
Checklist for Proofreading Your Résumé
- Look for mistakes. There is nothing worse than for your first impression to someone to be full of mistakes. Such mistakes can include:
- Spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
- Stating the salary you are seeking.
- Overloading your résumé to include EVERYTHING you EVER did.
- Long sentences and/or paragraphs over twelve words per sentence and six lines per paragraph.
- Being overly shy and failing to list your best attributes.
- Failing to stress results.
- And now, recheck!
- Review your résumé again.
- Focus on finding and fixing any spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
- Questions to ask:
- Are statements clear and concise?
- Unnecessary words?
- Did I include what should be excluded?
- Easy to follow?
- Accomplishments showcased?