Purpose of Quality Assurance
Collaborative in nature and focused on continuous improvement efforts, the department of Quality Assurance provides a variety of research, planning, assessment, and related support services to the University community.
By integrating external data reporting requirements with internal decision support activities, QA has increased the value of University data for both activities. The department’s use and presentation of data helps extend the data into useful and relevant information.
This integrative approach is reinforced by QA staff’s involvement in major LETU operational processes, including budgeting, program assessment, and student success initiatives.
The Quality Assurance (QA) department serves the LeTourneau University community by effectively
- Ensuring the accuracy of vital University statistics and the dissemination of these data to a broad spectrum of internal and external information consumers, including regulatory agencies, consortia, and publishers
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data and other information in support of operation management and decision-making, which includes analyzing and assessing decision-making at the University on an on-going basis
- Supporting the tactical and strategic planning processes at the University
Roles include serving as
- The University’s clearinghouse for external reports
- The official institutional source for data and analytical information about the University
- The principal source for data and other information that supports institutional planning, policy formation, decision-making, and communication
- The data archival location for planning documents and other materials relevant to the University’s tactical and long-range planning processes
- The timely producer of official University data and reports, including, but not limited to:
- Enrollment statistics
- Persistence and graduation rate studies
- Program assessment
- End of course (EOC) evaluations
- Academic advisor evaluations
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) surveys
- Common Data Set (CDS)
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas (ICUT)
- US News and World Report
Prepared Public Data