Assistant Professor of Theology
Phone: (903) 233-3371
Dr. Viktor Roudkovski was born in Almaty, Kazakhstan, a former Republic of the Soviet Union, into the family of a Protestant Evangelical minister. Prior to coming to the United States, Dr. Roudkovski pursued a degree in mechanical and industrial engineering at the Technical and Industrial College in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Following the technical training, he spent a semester at Mueller College (affiliated with the Brethren church) in Brisbane, Australia, in English studies. Next, he traveled to the Fiji Islands to study missions at the South Pacific Missionary Training Center in the city of Suva.
In 1993, not long after the fall of Communism, Dr. Viktor Roudkovski came to the United States to pursue biblical studies. While studying at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary he met his wife, Melanie, who currently serves as Associate Professor of Psychology at LeTourneau University. They have one son, Nikolas, and one daughter, Viktoria. Growing up, Dr. Viktor Roudkovski played on a junior hockey team representing his home town of Almaty, Kazakhstan. Now he loves playing golf.
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Ph.D. in Biblical Studies (Major: New Testament; Minor: Theology), 1999-2004
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Th.M. 1999-2003
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, M.Div. in Biblical Languages, 1996-1998
- Blue Mountain College, B.A. (Major: Biblical Studies; Minor: Social Science) 1993-1996
- Biblical Literature
- Acts of the Apostles
- General Letters
- Intertestamental Period
- Biblical Foundations
- Johannine Literature
- Introductory and Intermediate Greek
- Parables of Jesus
- Life and Teachings of Christ
Writings and Presentations:
- Dissertation “Understanding the Meaning of Jesus’ Death through Mark’s Presentation of the Last Supper,” March 2004 (Under contract to be published with Edwin Mellen Press, 2012).
- "Encomiastic Themes in the So-Called Hymnic Passages in Hebrews," International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Tartu, Estonia, July 2010.
"Last Supper as Part of Jesus’ Temple Program in Mark," International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Tartu, Estonia, July, 2010.
"Meddling with the Passover: Last Supper, the Temple, and the Meaning of Jesus’ Death in Mark," Southwest Society of Biblical Literature, Irving, TX, March, 2010.
- “Praising Christ in the Book of Hebrews: When Hymns Must Give Way to Encomia”, Southwest Regional Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, March 7, 2009.
- “The Triumphant Gospel: the Story of the Acts of the Apostles”, The Voice of Truth, February, 2008 (Published in Russian).
- “The Resurrection of the Son of God: Surveys of Theories of Resurrection ”, The Voice of Truth, March 2007 (Published in Russian).
- “The Death of Jesus and the Centurion’s Confession ”, The Voice of Truth, January, 2007 (Published in Russian).
- “The Death of Jesus and the Torn Veil”, The Voice of Truth, November, 2006 (Published in Russian).
- “The Neglected Gospel: The Significance of Mark’s Gospel for Our Faith ”, The Voice of Truth, October 2006 (Published in Russian).
- “Liturgy in the Life of the Synagogue: Studies in the History of Jewish Prayer” by Ruth Langer and Steven Fine, Reviewed by Viktor Roudkovski, Review of Biblical Literature (June 2006).
- Historical Jesus Research, New Testament and Old Testament Literature, Backgrounds of Early Christianity, Intertestamental Period, Social and Cultural Aspects of the Biblical Texts, Literary Approaches to Biblical Texts, Textual Studies of Biblical Literature, Biblical and Systematic Theology, Charismatic and Pentecostal Spirituality, The Relevance of Biblical and Theological Studies in the Life of the Church.
- American Academy of Religion
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Pastor, Providence Baptist Church, Longview, TX 2005-2008
- Pastor, Friendship Baptist Church, Boligee, AL, 2002-2005(part-time)
- Pastor, Blood River Baptist Church, Albany, LA, 2000-2002
- Pastor, Olive Baptist Church, Lumberton, MS, 1996-2000
- Summer Youth Director, First Baptist Church, Booneville, MS, May -August 1996
- Youth Director, Antioch Baptist Church, Rienzi, MS, 1994-1995
- Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries, LeTourneau University, 2008-present
- Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies, LeTourneau University, 2005-2008
- Adjunct Instructor of New Testament and Greek, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2001-2003
I feel blessed and privileged to be at an institution of Christian higher education like LeTourneau. I enjoy interacting with students and others from diverse backgrounds. I love to see students developing passion for God, faith and academics. My favorite passage in the Bible is 1 Corinthians 15:58, which states "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”