Psychology Club (KPD)
Kappa Psi Delta, the psychology club at LeTourneau, holds regular meetings where students hang out, talk about psychology and get to know each other. The psychology club hosts movie nights, game nights, pizza parties and participate in group service projects.
Recent psychology club presentations and guest speakers:
- Observations and Research on an Integrative Approach to the Treatment of Homeless Individuals with Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Psychiatric Disorders
- Presenter: Kelli Donnelly (student presentation of PSYC 4991 Independent Research)
- Group Therapy with Homeless Individuals with Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Psychiatric Disorders
- Presenter: Kimberly Krueger and Greggory Wright (student presentation of PSYC 4991 Independent Research)
- What are My Options? Licensing & Practice Issues for Clinical Careers
- Presenter: Dr. Carol Grotheus, L.P.C.
- Working with and Giving Hope to Homeless Women and Children
- Presenter: Ms. Sonia Henson, Shelter Director for Hope Haven Home for Women and Children
- A Forum on Sexual Abuse (for women only)
- Presenter: Mrs. Barbara Hansen, Author of “Listen to the Cry of the Child”
- Depression and the Christian Response
- Presenter: Mrs. Sonya Reeder, M.A., L.P.C.
Professional Organizations (Faculty)
Our faculty members are associated with the following professional organizations: