APPLYING TO THE LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF NURSING
Applications for admission are being accepted to LeTourneau University's School of Nursing. Students who are interested in the nursing program must meet the following admission criteria:
- Be accepted for admission to LeTourneau University.
- Complete the School of Nursing application
- Complete HESI A2 entrance exam, with a minimum score of 80 on math and English composite portions. The HESI exam can only be taken once during each enrollment period.
- Submit official transcripts from other institutions.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Students must have achieved a “C” or higher in all prerequisite courses.
- Request three letters of reference (form is found in the application).
- Submit essay on nursing as a career
- Be within 12 hours of completing core curriculum.
After acceptance to the School of Nursing, the following items must be submitted:
- Signed agreement for FBI background check through the Board of Nursing
- Drug screen results prior to beginning any clinical courses
- Health/immunization records
- Evidence of CPR training through American Heart Association
The nursing faculty and dean are available to answer any questions that you may have about admission to the program. To learn more and begin this process, fill out the inquiry form, at right, or contact the School of Nursing at (903) 233-3400.