Secondary (8th-12th) Teaching Fields
Our degrees and programs prepare you for work as a research technician, teacher, or student in health-related professional schools such as medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physician assistant or physical therapy.
We currently have alumni continuing their education in graduate schools studying such things as medicine, dentistry, physician assistant, biotechnology, cell biology, plant pathology, forestry and animal nutrition.
What makes us different?
- We teach the life sciences from a Christian viewpoint including the origin of life and bioethics.
- We affirm God as the Creator of all and believe that highly significant physical evidence exists to support this belief.
- We provide advising for our students that is supportive and personal.
- We implement hands-on learning in laboratories and in clinical observations.
During your time at LeTourneau, you will have the opportunity to participate in undergraduate research projects with members of our faculty. Students on the Wheels team are ensuring disabled children in Kenya have functional wheelchairs.
Vision & Values
As a student in the Department of Biology at LeTourneau University, faculty and staff will invest time and energy in you and your education. The biology department strives to:
- Minister to students.
- Encourage development into professionals.
- Act as agents of change in the life science professions.
As the biology department, we teach:
- Commitment to see God through natural revelation.
- Integrating Christian faith and science learning.
- Personal care for every student.
- Integrity, bioethics and preparation for grad school.